Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Mother-In-law

My mother-in-law is going through a very tough time now.  She has lived a very hard life, from her husband running out on her after 20 years leaving her as a single mother to car accidents and more. My mother-in-law found out in December she has larynx/tongue/mouth cancer.  Yesterday she went through hours of surgery to clear it.  It went from thinking she had stage 3 cancer to stage 4 A (big cancer).  She has one of the largest cancers they can operate on.

Luckily she came through surgery strong, and is doing well.  We saw her in ICU today, it was so scary and sad to see her lying in the bed.  It took us all a moment to find our composure. To see the scar where they operated on her mouth, chin, and throat was just unexpected. The recovery will be a long one, but the doctor seems to think she'll be back to work in four months.  A work that she has dedicated her life to and loves.  She is a flight purser.  I know this will push her to fight harder so she can get back to work.

She has gone through so much, and she is such a good and sweet person.  This is definitely is something she doesn't deserve.   I thought I'd share some pictures of her and vent about it a bit.

These are from happier times and from her modeling career. Yes the little guy is my husband. Wasn't he a cutie?

[gallery]

No comments:

Post a Comment