Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Second Time Roasting Chicken :)



So this is my second time roasting a whole chicken and I did so well this time!

I had some help from my friend Angie who told me to put a whole apple into the bird…Mia Isabella also suggested I put a cut up orange into the bird…I will try that next time :)…Steven from Grooby.com or Shemaleyum told me to make sure the breast is down - I knew that, but a very good tip.

So many people have so many different ways to roasting chicken…some use some white wine..but I put about a 1/2 inch of organic chicken broth and a little bit of balsamic vinegar at the bottom of my pan…and then I cut up organic potatoes and carrots at the bottom…

Then underneath the skin I took melted butter with pepper and other seasoning mixed in it to give it a nice taste and also dripped some of it into the bird itself..

Ending by putting a whole apple in it

I set it at 350 degrees for a 5.5 lbs bird for 2 hours and 5 minutes

And it came out so soft - so yummy - the vegetables were scrumptious too!

Oh  yeah I forgot I soaked my bird in cold salt water for an hour in the fridge..about 1/4 cup of table salt…I changed the water after a half hour. To make sure bacteria didn’t grow…then after that I rinsed the bird off with cold water and then dried it off with papertowels before I started seasoning it..

I also cooked mine with the pan lid on the whole time..some cook it with out the pan lid on for 15 minutes for browinging..but I don’t see the point..

Mine brown just fine as you can see!

I really suggest you try this - it’s so good

We also get our meat directly from a farm…if you are in the Chicago Area..check out Wallace Farms :)[gallery]

No comments:

Post a Comment