Sunday, January 15, 2012

Family Weekend

[gallery]

Pics above are from this weekend - excuse some of the pics I had no make up on lol

 

Can I just say - I realize how lucky I am every time I spend time with my husband, step-daughter, and mother-in-law.  We had so much fun this weekend enjoying each others time.  Family is so important, whether it be your blood, step, or friend family.  We should cherish the moments we have, we have so little time.

We started our weekend with Joyful Noise!  I love Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah, sorry Queen, but Dolly is my Queen!  It was such a cute movie, and husband even liked it!  I was really surprised by this, since it was about a church choir, and he is a very strong atheist.  I guess my Dolly won him over!

After dinner we went out to this very cute and nice Mexican Restaurant.  My husband being half spanish loves his some Mexican cuisine.  What I loved is they had a mariachi band, who sang three songs to us, which was so sweet.  One of my fav songs is Cielito Lindo and it was so fun having us all sing it with them! How love and laughter can travel through song. Is amazing to me, and I wish time just stood still at those moments.

Dinner took us home where the mother-in-law watched movies, and hubby and the step-daughter played battleship.  It was so cute hearing them argue, they are so much alike. Very competitive, and have to be right. We stayed up till all hours or should I say hubby and step-daughter did!  Mother-in-law went to bed, after the first movie, and I fell asleep after 1 a.m. central time :P!

Today, the hubby, step-daughter, and I got up early to go to a breakfast place!  It was oh so good, with so much bacon!  If you live in the Chicago area, stop by Egg Harbor!  You will not regret it! After breakfast we hightailed it over to Best Buy to goof off on the equipment and new electronics they have.  The step-daughter and I had so much fun playing the PS3 dance game in the middle of the store.  Unfortunately they took pictures of us for promo, and we were both still in our pjs and no make up.  Just the kind of picture I want out there!  Looking like a bum, and jumping around like a crazy person.  Oh well, we had fun and that's all that matters!

Overall the weekend was awesome, and I hope everyone else had just as enjoyable weekend with whatever they chose to do!

Love,

Kelly

 

No comments:

Post a Comment