Saturday, January 7, 2012

My New Years Resolution :)

To be more business oriented - to avoid drama - to support my community even if I dislike a certain girl.

I really feel we as trans-women make it hard on ourselves when it comes to connections with one another and others in general.  We play like we are in the movie Mean Girls.  As if we are still in high school, especially in the industry I am in.  Don't get me wrong there are lot of great girls and I have a few friends, but why can't girls just be happy for another girl?  One gets a toyline applaud them - one gets a mainstream part applaud them - one gets a husband that loves her and respects her applaud them.  The more we stick together and the more positive things to happen in our community will help our community.

We need to stop the hate with in, if we ever expect anyone to respect us.

I will be sticking to this New Years Resolution...I'm turning 30 April 19th.  I'm a grown woman - I have no time for childish antics.

Please share yours with me or maybe steal mine!

Let's spread some positivity!

Love,

Kelly

2 comments:

  1. You are gorgeous Kelly love your convictions love to watch you when you are performing can't afford many

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful thoughts Kelly!!! You are truly are a role model, not just in the trans community, but the community of life. Hope you have a happy, safe, loving and fulfilling 2012.

    ReplyDelete