Sunday, April 17, 2011

Proud to be Transsexual

You know how many people make the good and the bad lists.  I am going to do this for the reasons I have always come to the conclusion why I am glad I'm a transsexual.  See if you can come up with your own lists.  There is of course bad reasons, but the good outweighs it for me.  I find many focus too much on the negativity, and like playing the victim card.  I have never been one of those types and don't ever plan on being that way.  Playing the victim only weakens you, and turns people away from you.  There's a point when people just don't feel sorry for you anymore.  It makes them want to turn against you!  Nor does it inspire anyone!!  I'm a transsexual and I get annoyed with those people and the transsexuals who do that crap!

I have never liked pity either.  I hate when people say "Wow, your life must of been so hard", "I'm sorry", "It must be hard being like you", and so on.  Umm NO not really!  GRRR!!

1) I transitioned young (age 12) it was a big decision to make.  It challenged my maturity, self-awareness, confidence, and the people around me.  I am thankful for this experience.  It's made me more thankful for my family who supported me, the friends who stood behind me, challenged me to change people's minds, and gave me a will to be me.

I truly believe if I hadn't of transitioned at the age I did.  I would of been a shell of a person.  Unhappy, mad at the world, and held fear inside my very being.

I also believe if I had been born a genetic female.  I wouldn't have the wisdom, confidence, or backbone I gained from being a transsexual.  I probably would not think outside the box like I do now. I might be one of the people who didn't understand minorities or people who are different.  I may be a brain dead wannabe like so many are today.

2) I'm happy to be different than others. Otherwise I would take this life, my friends, and normalcy for granted. I cherish the normal life I've been able to live.  I cherish the friends I've made, the family who stands beside me and accepts me, and the understanding and wisdom of myself and things around me.  Something I wouldn't of had otherwise.

3) It challenged my confidence giving me a backbone.  A backbone that has pushed me to fight for my community.  Go to high school as a girl, when kids can be the meanest.  My backbone has saved my life and inspired others.

4) It showed me true cruelty, and true kindness.  Something many don't see till they are older.

5) It showed me who my true alliances were and the love of a family.

6) It's given me an understanding of both sexes.

7) It's tested my patience, making me a lot harder to blow a gasket.

8) It's made me work harder for my looks, and be thankful for them when I achieved them. (many take for granted)

9) It's taught me empathy, compassion, and understanding. Something many don't have, nor will they ever have.

10) Last but not least, it's taught me to be thankful for the freedom I have to be me.  We take freedom for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment