Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Let the tears fall!

I was eating lunch today...and even as my friend was making a joke that made me laugh...a  song came on by Bette Midler...and "safely hidden" from my friend on the phone...tears slipped down my face, as I listened to the song ...and I remember being not even in my teen years, and her saying this is our song and whenever you hear it think of your mommy...my heart just hurt. And I wanted to go back to that time again...I remember shopping with my mom that day for school clothes (the first year I lived as a girl age 12)....

Last night, I checked my phone to see a text from my sister about my mom...and
this song...in combination with some other things going on in my life...made tears fall like rain...but hopefully it washed my heart a little...

Something my momma used to say when she was alive...

"Those who sow (work) in tears..shall reap (take in, receive) in joy!"...this was like the biggest hug to my spirit...

We get these thoughts that try to discourage us...break our spirit...steal our joy....

and we MUST...must....be diligent and courageous in our thinking...not letting these pains and hurts of life...try to stop us...and kidnap our joy...

it never fails...as soon as you start working hard for something..going after your dream...trying to quit a bad habit...repairing an emotional wound....
it seems as if a sign that says "please attack me...make this harder than it is"...comes on...and next thing you know your doubting your ability and your strength...

I cried today a lot....and as no one answered their phone to talk with my "lonely" little self...I had no options left but to listen to a cd....I put in a cd of mine....and the voice boomed through the speakers right to my heart....and made me feel hope again..it was like it was saying...
NEVER GIVE UP!!!! Never let your "down" thoughts keep you down....

if you are hurting.....just know every tear is precious....and it is most definitely watering the beautiful flowers of blessings that are just waiting to spring up!!!

huge, huge love from my heart to you......and please feel the hug I'm sending too....I know I could always use an extra "hug though"......

Your Friend, Kelly

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog today and this post was very moving. It made me think of a scene from a TV show that speaks to life having its ups and downs. Hope it helps:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjUKGfBW74o

    ReplyDelete