Thursday, March 17, 2011

Transsexual - What is it??????

Dictionary Description -

1. One who wishes to be considered by society as a member of the opposite sex, because they have the external genitalia and secondary sexual characteristics of one sex, but their personal identification and psychosocial configuration is that of the opposite sex.

2. One who has undergone a sex change

And so on and so forth it keeps going and going...

My description:  Now remember this is an opinion, and as an opinion it can be discounted by others as they so wish to do.  It doesn't mean it will change my opinion. I think every transsexual will have a different take on what a transsexual is and that's fine.  I don't feel like any of us can explain exactly how it feels or what it is to be a TRANSSEXUAL.  Or even UNDERSTAND WHY...it just IS!

A transsexual to me  is someone that feels that their body does not match their soul!  Someone who internally feels inside they are of the opposite sex and take the steps to fix it.  I call the others scared to become their NEEDED gender to be happy.  I don't consider everyone a transsexual, until they start living it!  Living the life and fantasizing about the life are two entirely different things.  And until you walk in the shoes darling..you have no right to call yourself a TRANSSEXUAL...Some may find that cruel, but it's real talk from me to you :)

Being a transsexual we are very taboo still, and many do not understand us.  Our community faces much social degradation and misunderstanding.  Not only from the straight community, but also from the gay community.   I want to tell you though their opinions do not matter!  Your opinion matters!  Remember your haters can only make you stronger!

Haters are going to hate!  People hate what they can't understand or perhaps they feel attracted to or feel like.  People in general fall into two categories either they like it or hate it!  There is no use killing yourself to try to make everyone like you!  Just be you and the real people that matter will fall in line!!

What do most people think of transsexuals?  They think we are ill, gross, perverted, prostitutes, gay, sex objects, fantasies (like unicorns), funny, drag queens, entertainers, outrageous, BEAUTICIANS/Make-up artists to help others less fortunate, and the list goes on and on!

So lets go through a list of stuff people say or do when they come into contact with a transsexual..Calpernia Addams the beacon to Transgender rights did a funny youtube video about this..What not to say/ask a Transsexual....I think she basically summed it all up!!  I couldn't really add anything more to this...so watch these videos :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOjeZnjKlp0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLbf37pb1U0&feature=relmfu

Your Friend, KELLY  xoxoxoxo

By the way I'm still waiting to go to the gym GEEZE

3 comments:

  1. Grrl! Apart from problems with the concept of having a soul... since that's mainly religious ideas, I do agree.

    Calpernia is Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe in god either :P I should of used a different word for our inner spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The term 'transsexual' is something for the doctors to play with. I was a woman before my operation and a woman after. The other term is rather meaningless now.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete