Thursday, March 17, 2011

Health Kick!



Hey guys, so I am on a new health kick.  I am 28 now getting closer to the 30 mark!  On April 19th, I turn 29 WOWEEEEE!!  Time flys by!!!!!!!!!!  Anyhoo I decided if I want to maintain my body and my looks I better start eating healthy, taking vitamins, and working out.

I have never really worked out a day in my life...I don't consider gym class in school "WORKING OUT"....and when I danced and did tumbling that was a passion for me and I never felt like I was working out.

When I go to the gym with my husband I look at all these people that look like they are on hamster wheels ie the treadmill!  I stick to dancing in the studio, the ball (for abs), and the stair machine for my legs and ass.  However in my opinion my dance routine keeps me sweating and working the hardest.  I am going to make it a priority to at least work out 3 times a week..FRIENDS you will have to help me with this!  My husband works out 4 to 5 times a week, and he is good at kicking my butt in line.  Maybe you guys want to start working out too?  We can help each other!  hee hee for us junk food/couch potatoes!!  Trust me I can EAT...I may not look like it, but I pack it away!  I've always said I'm a fat girl trapped in a skinny girls body!

I have changed a lot of my diet too!  I mean I didn't go nazi on my diet, but I did change it!  Eating more raw vegetables and fruit, less sugars, less can items, and more salads and chicken. Before I was eating a lot of unhealthy fatty meals!! I also am cutting pop out of my diet to only once a day or when I need an extra KICK of energy, until I finish off the pack I have in the fridge I had already bought...then it will be only on special occasions when we go out to a dinner possibly.  I usually order Arnold Palmers though or some foo foo drink lol

With the changing of my diet I have also decided to enhance myself with vitamins!  Which it's great for every trans-female to do if they are taking hormones.  In general though a lot of the food we eat wont give us the vitamin intake we really need, so taking vitamins will ensure we do!  I will give you a list of what I take and was told to take by my old hormone doctor - Dr. Odea.  I know I have mentioned his name plenty in my other blogs and on Secret Kelly Radio!  I love this guy! If I was still going to California regularly I would still be using him!

I just bought a bunch of new vitamins last night at Walgreen's for all this it came to about $40.00 and it was buy one get one free how cool is that! By the way I LOVE WALGREEN'S...it's one of my favorite stores!



Now I will tell what I take and what each one does :)

Vitamins:

Collagen - take one capsule in the morning and one capsule in the evening daily with 10oz of water, preferably on an empty stomach or immediately before meal. This will help with your skin, hair, nails, anti-aging, and produce a very soft look for you.

Fish oil 1200 mg -  Take one capsule in the morning and one capsule in the evening daily with 10oz of water, preferably on an empty stomach or immediately before meal. Omega-3 fatty acids will help support a healthy heart. Omega-3 fatty acids also help maintain triglyceride levels already in the normal range. It can prevent aging, cancer, depression, bi-polar syndrome and chrone's disease.

Calcium 1200 mg -  Take one capsule in the morning and one capsule in the evening daily with 10oz of water, preferably on an empty stomach or immediately before meal. I think you know this is for your bone health! You don't want a hunch back when you are older do you?

Cranberry Vitamin - Take one capsule in the morning and one capsule in the evening daily with 10oz of water, preferably on an empty stomach or immediately before meal. This is for your cholesterol and helps keep infections and illnesses away. It purifies and lines your urine stream to keep you healthy! The hormones raise your cholesterol we want to keep it down!

St. John's Wort Vitamin - Take one capsule in the morning and one capsule in the evening daily with 10oz of water, preferably on an empty stomach or immediately before meal. Unless you feel drowsy take it only at night. This will help anxiety and depression. This will help prevent the mood swings and keep you sane and happy. It will promote a positive ATTITUDE!!

Vitamin D - Take one capsule in the morning and one capsule in the evening daily with 10oz of water, preferably on an empty stomach or immediately before meal. This will help keep your immune system regular, keep your brain and blood flow working well, and maintaining a healthy body weight.

OOPS I NEED TO ADD THAT I AM ALSO TAKING THE B12 VITAMIN - ONE IN THE MORNING AND ONE IN THE EVENING FOR BETTER BRAIN FUNCTION AND ENERGY...MY HORMONES AT TIMES MAKE ME SO TIRED!  THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANY ENERGY DRINK AND LETS NOT FORGET HEALTHIER! THOSE ENERGY DRINKS ARE NOT GOOD FOR YOU...GATORADE AND VITAMIN WATER AREN'T EITHER IT'S BASICALLY KOOLAIDE ie SUGAR WATER!

OKAY GOT TO SCOOTALADOO - EAT THEN GYM :) I'M GONNA WORK OUT HARD TODAY!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!  Your friend, KELLY :) (Have a Happy St. Patty's Day - If your not wearing green..I'll be PINCHING!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment